Join our fabulous residential team working in a caring, committed and respectful, work culture and environment!
Support people in their home with intellectual and developmental disabilities to achieve maximum independence integrating agency core values. Provide reliable, compassionate and consistent care while creating meaningful, quality-based relationships in a supportive cultural environment.
Monitor, assess and advise the management team on health observances and needs, while promoting health and wellness through nursing processes.
- Create a positive, responsible and open communication style with everyone supported including all employees, family members and other health care providers.
- Outline all monthly appointments; p rovide documentation and information needed to successfully complete the appointment.
- Attend appointments, as needed.
- When indicated by management, clarify hospital discharge, medication orders, and/or plans of care.
- Participate in hospital discharge or intake process.
- Provide instructions and education to those supported and staff as it relates to medical diagnoses and healthcare needs (i.e. Allergies, medications, diet, chronic and acute plans of care, etc.)
- Coordinate care with clinics, outside physicians, and hospitals.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Provide training on people's needs to support staff including: competencies, medical background, treatments and wellness plans.
- Monitor staff progress and assess any need for additional training. Report observations to the management team.
- Attend all required state and agency trainings including staff meetings.
- Provide guidance and support to staff designated to order and stock medications.
Additional Functions of the Job
- Provide coverage for vacancies and peers during vacations.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing professional development by p articipating in community-based educational trainings. All other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with an Associates or Bachelor's of Science in Nursing.
- Experience preferred providing care for chronic, acute and mental health needs.
- Must possess a valid Rhode Island Nursing license .
- Part Time - 16 hours Flexible Tuesday - Thursday
- Pay Rate: $28/Hourly
0 Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: care, coronary, domiciliary, intensive care, intensive care unit, maternal, mhb, psychiatric, staff nurse, tcu