We are currently seeking a full-time RN Health Homes Nurse for our Discovery House of Woonsocket - Comprehensive Treatment Center. Hours are Monday - Friday from 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM.
Discovery House of Woonsocket, a member of Acadia Healthcare's Comprehensive Treatment Centers, is a part of the leader in medication assisted treatment for individuals struggling with an opioid addiction. With full-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications, we are prepared to treat the entire disease, not just a piece of it.
Position Characteristics of Health Homes Nurse RN:
The Dispensing Nurse (RN) provides basic medical care to patients in an outpatient addiction recovery environment; maintains standards of professional nursing practice in accordance with clinic policy and procedures; provide for the safe and efficient dispensing of doses of medication to patients consistent with the organization's procedure and as ordered by the Medical Director or Physician; responsible for thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patient's symptoms, responses and progress.
Responsibilities of Health Homes Nurse RN:
- Works under the supervision of the Medical Director and the Clinic Director and maintains practical nursing professional standards of care;
- Prepares and administers medication as ordered by the Medical Director or Program Physician accurately and in a timely manner, maintains accurate accounting of all medication received (from supplier) and dispensed (to the person(s) receiving services);
- Chart medication administration in nurse's notes accurately and in a timely manner, documents nursing care provided, maintain appropriate records related to patient's progress and activities accurately and in a timely manner;
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all medication stock and the records required by the DEA, FDA, and ADP;
- Dedicates a minimum of 90 percent of regularly scheduled work hours to activities directly related to the administration of medication; the remaining 10 percent of regularly scheduled work hours will be dedicated to other activities as assigned by the Medical Director or Clinic Director;
- Responsible for urine collection and processing, reading test results as ordered by Program Physicians and the completion of all forms involved in these procedures; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of Health Homes Nurse RN:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Prefer 1 year nursing experience in behavioral health or addiction recovery abuse field
- Training or experience treating patients in an outpatient treatment program
- There must be no history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years before employment
- Current RN (Registered Nurse) license in the state of Rhode Island required
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Company paid group term life insurance.
Associated topics: asn, ccu, hospice, maternal, mhb, nurse, nurse rn, psychiatric, registered nurse, tcu